[TenTec] Worth a chuckle

Sherrill WATKINS SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 13:18:37 -0500

Charles:  I am puzzled by your comments.  Please thoroughly explain exactly how your Omni V is "not so good for SSB"??  - thank you - Corn - k4own

>>> charles w burkhardt <cburk001@juno.com> 12/06/00 01:02PM >>>

Gentlemen: Have had my Omni V for about 2 years-love it-great for cw, but
I thought not so good for SSB. Don't go there much but do take an
occasional listen.  Terrible popping noise with phones, unless I turned
the attenuator on and cranked the RF gain way down. I intended to turn to
the reflector for suggestions, but did take time to examine the rear of
the unit.  There are THREE pots back there dealing with VOX- and by
reducing the gain the effect was magic! Great audio!  Now if I can find
the manual, who knows, may actually be tempted to transmit  one of these
days.  Wonder what else the rig can do?. Charlie, K0GPF