[TenTec] TRITON IV Question

Gary McCaughey MAIL4GARY@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:12:36 -0800

Hello TenTec'ers,

I got my hands on Triton IV Digital in pretty good
condition.  Usual wear on the lettering on front.  Here is
the question.  The first segment of 10 mtrs (28.0 to 28.5
MHz) does not work.  But....the other three segments do.
When I set switch to first segment the digital display just
reads out 9 MHZ which we know is the intermediate frequency
for the rig.  The way I see the schematic, if the other
segments work, then the only thing I can assume is that the
XTAL for the first segment is bad.  I have checked solder
joints and cleaned switches.

Other ideas or comments?

Thanks
Gary
W2UX
Lexington, SC

CW is the REAL THING, USE IT or LOSE IT!