[TenTec] Omni C AGC mod

K2ZF@aol.com K2ZF@aol.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:53:06 EST

The mod described by N4LQ (Steve) for the Omni C's AGC popping really works!
Anyone that has not read his mod should take the time and look into it. Its
easy and it works like a charm.

I can have the RF gain at full max and no popping at all, I don't always run
the RF gain full max but its sure nice to be able to and not have the agc
blow me across the room and hit the wall.

The Omni C's QSK is the best on any recvr I have ever used. I can now use
headphones without worrying about damaging my hearing from the popping.

T   H   A  N   K       Y   O   U         S  T  E V  E

http://www.qsl.net/n1eu/Mods/Omniagc.htm