[TenTec] Tritons Poppouri-II;540;544+PTO-WTD/FS-etc.

Carl Hyde cshyde@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:32:05 -0800 (PST)

I just rebuilt a 544 and had to carve a wedge out of a nylon document post. I
sent to TT for a few bucks worth of them. Mine wasn't smashed but was way out
of round and the spring was catching on the shaft. I rebuilt a friends Century
21 with the same problem. I think people jam the rod into the end stop and
along with the hard grease it distorts the ramp washer. I got the 544 at a ham
fest in September with all of the accessories for 125 bucks because the seller
said the VFO was frozen up and you couldn't get them any more. Now if there was
just a way to get rid of the 544 birdies!
--- "Michael O. Hyder" <N4NT@chartertn.net> wrote:

> I've rebuilt PTO's in an Argosy II, three Triton IV's, an Omni-C and a
> Corsair II.  I've never yet seen any "smashed" wedge washers in them.

=====
Carl HYDE
W2CSH
Remember, the opposite of PROGRESS is CONGRESS