[TenTec] Re: ...house radio friendly

Roy Koeppe royanjoy@ncn.net
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:27:44 -0600

Asked,

"My wife and I are having a new house built. I'm looking for suggestions
for
things that I can do (or have done) during construction to help with
setting
up my ham station at the new house. We have almost..."

Install acoustical tiles on the shack's walls and ceiling and thick
carpet on the floor. So deadening the shack makes CW and SSB much
clearer, and fan and transformer noises much diminished (even when you
wear cans). VOX works better because your ANTI-VOX setting can be backed
off.

73 & Luck,      Roy       K6XK      Iowa     Outback