[TenTec] Omni6+Strange Fault?

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:07:42 -0500

Well, now, this is all very interesting.  My Omni VI+ did the same
thing going into the ARRL 10m CW contest.  I thought it might
have something to do with the LPT1 keying circuit for NA software
because after loading NA the blipping would stop !!??  Rig's on
10 now and no blipping.  hmm  de Joe Blackwell, aa4nn

George, W5YR said

> Sounds like a "beating" effect among several oscillators not quite on
> frequency.

Thomas C. Jednacz said

> I have just discovered a strange fault on my Omni 6+ it occurs only on
> 3 bands 10Mhz, 18Mhz and 21Mhz. There is a blip in frequency of about
> a second at regular intervals like the ticking of a clock.

Tom, W7QF said
> I am not sure it is the same as what I had but mine jumped or blipped
> regularly on 10 Mhz. It stopped after I realigned all the oscillators.
All