[TenTec] Scout and Clear Speech speaker

Simmons, Reid W reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:19:56 -0800

Jason;

I am using the Clear Speech base unit (the model without a speaker) on my
Omni VI/3 with an external speaker.  It makes a world of difference.  The
receiver no longer sounds like a "super-regenerative" receiver with all that
mind numbing and ear fatiguing hiss coming from the speaker or headphones.
Yes, the Clear Speech units are a bit pricey at $150 for what they consist
of, but they work really well.  I chose the model without the speaker
because of it's small size plus I already had a good quality stand-alone
external speaker to use for the home shack.  For mobile use the model with
the speaker included should be fine.

Reid, K7YX

-----Original Message-----
From: jreber@es.com [mailto:jreber@es.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 7:40 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Scout and Clear Speech speaker

Has anyone tried a "Clear Speech" speaker with thier scout, and if so, would
you recommend it? I really enjoy my scout for mobile and portable use, but
the receiver  is quite noisy- at least compared to my Omni D (all recievers
seem to be noisey compared to the Omni). I'm just curious if those things
really work.
Thanks,
Jason