[TenTec] back lights

George, W5YR w5yr@att.net
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 21:40:33 -0600

OT, but I bought one of these devices, marketed at the time by Sylvania,
as a night light for the hall between our bedroom and the nursery in our
new home to see at night how to get to the nursery and care for our new
baby boy. That was 1960.

Today, the "baby" boy, his wife and his two kids joined my wife and I
and his brother and his wife for a wonderful Christmas Day.

That night light is still working and serves as a night light in our
motor home, 40 years later. It is on right now since it operates
24/7/30/365.

They made them right in the old days!   <:}

72/73, George   W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas      NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county	     QRP-L 1373
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756 PRO #02121 (9/00) Kachina #91900556 (12/99) IC-765 (6/90)