[TenTec] re: 961 hum

Mike R. n4zn@amsat.org
Sat, 05 Feb 2000 00:25:40 -0500

U wrote:

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:45:38 -0500
From: "Ed & Edna" <edn4pk@vol.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power Supply Hum

How do I cure a "hum" in my 961 power supply. Thought I read here at one
time, that the fix was to replace the filter cap. Am I right ??
Thanks
Ed
W3NR

I wrote:

 Don't know when you purchased your PS Ed, but I had the same problem with
my 962 ps.
Called tech support, and they told me that they were using some Canadian
made transformers now that were noisy. I sent it back and inquired about
purchasing just the cabinet. T*T has no problem with this, so I planned on
producing my own power supply, and fitting it in the matching T*T PS enclosure.
     73, Mike/N4ZN
  Charleston, SC - USA
     n4zn@amsat.org
         member