[TenTec] Antenna Switching Diodes in the Omni-6+

Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 00:12:49 -0500

 In the replies to my recent posting about my 'sick' Omni-6+, were two comments
about the  ant switching diodes.

I listened a bit this past weekend to the ARRL DX contest (sadly didn't have nay
 time to operate),  I noticed that I was able to hear the strong
signals through the AUX Antenna even though I didn't have an antenna connected
to it.

The tech I spoke to at TT wasn't totally convinced, and suggested I re-seat the
filters in the rig first.

My question -- is the ability to hear strong-ish signal through the AUX, antenna
 when one isn't there a definite sign of the pin diodes having gone?

If so, I'm curious to know what caused it and how I can prevent this from
happening again.  We have had lots of snow here in DC in the last 6 weeks or so,

rain, too...but little if any lightning  or thunder.

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC