[TenTec] FS: Hercules 444 amp

David Heintzleman pstrdave@kdsi.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:42:46 +0000

Yes, this is the original - AND don't even think of trying to use it
with any radio other than tentec - I tried and it doesn't work.  the T/R
switching controled by relay in a transmitter is too slow, the
protective circuitry will shut amp down immediately! everytime you key
the thing!!
I have a 444 with my omni c and find it fantastically beautiful.  I've
run sstv without lowering output, been ok.   You can get from TT plug
kits to run the amp from old Delta 580 and triton series, using the "T"
voltage to key amp,  have to band switch manually though.   A good
rugged performer,
Dave K8BBM