[TenTec] paragon advice

Bill Capps wbcapps@mindspring.com
Sun, 02 Jan 2000 00:58:54 -0800

hello all
	i've been experiencing some receiver problems on my paragon. i have been
able to overcome these problems, by shutting the rig on and off, and
sometimes using the reset button on the side of the rig.
	i have been listening and working dx on 160 meters mostly. i monitor 1.832
for cw dx. currently as i post this question, my noise level is s-6 on the
meter on the paragon. occasionally the noise level will completely go away!
i can tune the band and still receive big local stations, but there is no
meter noise level showing on the meter, and there is a very noticeable
change in audio. i usually set my RF control from the 12:00 to 3:00
postion. when the audio changes, it sounds like the RF control has been
turned down to almost nothing. (only the strongest stations are coming
through)
	 has anyone else experienced these symptoms  and is there any advice on
curing my receive problems
	many thanks to all and happy new year

73

bill capps