[TenTec] Pegasus and DOS programs

Roy Minuth rminuth@tir.com
Sun, 02 Jan 2000 19:50:56 -0500

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the advice. The computer I am using for the Pegasus is a IBM
Thinkpad laptop that has a Pentium 120 processor with 16 megs of RAM..
Thinking back to the old DOS days, I now remember that DOS does not
multi-task all that great or not at all.. DOS loves to have all the
processor time for itself.

Someone said that Log EQF would be a good logging program and I found out
on their Web page that its also a DOS program. I'll have to see if there is
any way to reduce the DOS programs processor usage. Thanks for your comments.

73,  --Roy--  KC8CHR

At 04:37 PM 01/02/2000 -0500, Steve Ellington N4LQ wrote:
>I noticed that when I begin a QSO and use the "call" button to bring
>up the CD,  the processor keeps me from keying the rig for a few
>seconds while the CD is being read. Maybe a faster PC would help. This
>is a 350mhz.
>Steve N4LQ

--Roy--
rminuth@netquest.com