[TenTec] argosy battery operation question...

Michael Melland badger@vbe.com
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 21:00:56 -0500

david dill wrote:

> fellas-
>
> i am planning to run my argosy 525d  (which i love) from my auto 12v supply.
> the manual say to always use a model 1125 circuit breaker in such a setup.

Those breakers were made for Ten-Tec by Airpax.  Airpax still makes dozens of
breakers........ the series mfg for Ten-Tec is the Snapak model magnetic breaker.
Not sure what the amperage you need is but:

Airpax breaker part number should be :
T11-1-(required amperage 3 places)-01-10A-V

example:  T11-1-5.00A-01-10A-V

T11 = Paddlel Handle, Single Pole, Series Breaker
1 = "fast" trip (0 =instant and 2 = slow...... 2 is too slow 0 would work fine
too)
5.00A = 5 amp
01 = Paddle Handle is Black
10A = Bloack Knurled Mounting Nut, Vertical Mount,

Enter in the original amperage of the breaker you are looking for and this number
should be close if not right on to the original...... Ten-Tec's Paul Clinton told
me awhile ago that either the fast or instant breaker would work fine..... I've
seen the breakers they sold for the Triton IV and some were fast and some were
instant anyway.

Airpax = http://www.airpaxppp.com/pppsite/tproduct.html    click on Snapak

Best place to find them (they are hard to find) at the best price ($25 min order -
Airpax has a $500 minimum)  I've found is:  http://www.pocosales.com/

Regards,

Mike

--