[TenTec] omni 6 and monitor circuit

Barry N1EU n1eu@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:51:55 EDT

Hi Ken,

I fiddled a little with the circuit without much success getting a really
decent sounding monitor signal.  I think you'd be better off pulling the
audio right off your microphone and recording that for your purposes.

Another possible option might be to use WriteLog contesting software and a
pc soundcard.  Your microphone goes through the pc soundcard and the
software automatically selects either your microphone or a recorded message
file (.wav) for xmsn.  In other words it can turn your pc into a digital
voice keyer as well.  Writelog has a feature that allows you to record an
entire contest (or selected time period) audio to disk, depending on how
much free disk space you have.  Perhaps this option would serve you well in
wanting to record both sides of the pileup.

Best of luck in the contest, and please keep an ear out for ole N1EU   ;-)

GL/73,
Barry  N1EU