[TenTec] New RX-320

Michael A. Newell wb4huc@texas.net
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:14:54 -0500

I just received my new RX-320 in the mail,
which I ordered via the DXTRA web site
just this past Monday evening.

I have a 4-year old 200mhz Micron Pentium
computer running a 4-year old version of
Windows 95.

The Java Runtime Environment (required
by the DXTRA WorldStation software)
installed with no problems. The WorldStation
software also installed with no problems.

I used the receiver with the WorldStation
software first. The software seems to work
well.

I used it for an hour or so then I installed
the Ten Tec Radio Control software. It also
installed with no problems, and works fine.

I've just downloaded the N4PY software for
it, and will try it next. Right now I'm
tuned to 11.306mhz (USB) listening to what appears
to be Central or South American air traffic
controllers and airliners talking back and forth.

Right now the receiver is connected to my Tennadyne
T6 log periodic, so I need to get a couple wires
up in the trees or something for the lower
frequencies.

This thing is great!!

Now if someone would write control software
that runs on the Palm OS platform, I would
be extremely grateful.

Michael A. Newell - WB4HUC
Austin, TX
QRP-L 1668