[TenTec] capacitors needed

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj@ames.net
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:43:50 -0500

Mouser (www.mouser.com) has those parts, and no minimum order. Brown
trucks or the US mail find the hinterlands. Hosfelt in Ohio
(800-524-6464) shows 18 pf for 4 cents each in disk ceramic, 15 pf 50
volts for ten cents each in monolithic. Hosfelt has a $5.00 minimum
order on a charge card.

RG-58-U Coax is 29 pf per foot, so 6" makes a 15 pf capacitor.

two pieces of enameled wire 5 inches long twisted together probably
makes about a 15 pf capacitor... Infinitely adjustable. Two pieces of
hook wire might need to be a little longer twisted together to make 15
pf...

I'm sure I have something that makes 15 pf but I'm not interested in
digging the out (they are already sorted), and stuffing an envelope.

73, Jerry, K0CQ