[TenTec] Notes about "FP" from "TT"

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales@tentec.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:12:11 -0400

N9VV writes:

>Anyone have any updates or late breaking info about the new Pegasus-FP?

The latest update on delivery is that we expect them to be going out
at the beginning of September.  This is subject to any parts procurement
delays that may pop up unannounced between now and then.  As I am
sure many of you are aware, there has been a worldwide shortage of
many electronic components going back several months that has made
it harder and/or expensive for smaller companies to procure what they
need for manufacturing; we haven't been any exception to that.  It is
looking promising, though, for the new radio.

The other major update about the Pegasus FP is:  It's not going to be
called the Pegasus FP.  The actual name of the transceiver is going to
be JUPITER.  We'll update our web site and magazine advertising
in the near future to reflect this.

>Anyone seen the actual front panel in use and have info about what is
>displayed?

Everything that was viewable on the Pegasus, including the SWEEP
panel, will be accessible to view on the front panel of the radio.  We have
made a concious effort to avoid multi-level menus; we have also been
able to keep the display clean and uncluttered as well.

>are there any "beta" testers out there?

We've only been testing here at Ten-Tec so far.  Jack Burchfield and
some of the engineering staff have been actively on the air with the
prototypes.  The radio is essentially finished; we're down to tweaking
the software and finalizing the cosmetics.

>What circuit changes/improvements were made to the original Pegasus?

None.  The JUPITER is the original PEGASUS, only with three additional
PC boards to handle the front panel and related driver hardware.

>what software/firmware changes?

None planned at present - though we envision the new transceiver as
being field-upgradable via flash ROM downloadable via the Internet.

Thanks and 73
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (865) 428-0364 or (865) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.