[TenTec] Corsair II and use of Model 243 remote VFO

dslosty dslosty@pipeline.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 03:56:15 -0700

I've recently purchased and "rehabbed" a model 243 remote VFO
to use with my Omni-D. After a PTO rebuild/dial restringing/
circuit board repair/etc, it works fine and I really like
the dual receive function.

My question is can I also use it with my Corsair II in lieu of the
model 263 VFO??

After studying all schematics I see that the Corsair II uses a
slightly different scheme to handle the OT/shift PTO functions.
This is the offset and shift used to eliminate "birdies" on
some bands.

Has anyone found a workaround allowing the use of the older model
243 with the Corsairs AND the Omni A/B/D/C's??

tnx es 73,
Doug/WA1TUT