[TenTec] TenTec Filter changes (reponse)

K5BDZ@aol.com K5BDZ@aol.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 12:57:29 EDT

I changed my Argosy filter caps over 10 years ago, so don't have the
documentation. BUT
If any of you will supply the following information for the TT group to see,
I'll give you some BASIC guidlines, with guestimate cap values to start your
experiments with filter bandwidth changing.
1.  TenTec filter IF frequency (frequency of the crystals) and number of
crystals in the filter
2.  Values of each of the caps in the filter
3.  Current filter bandwidth
4.  NEW preferred filter bandwidth.
That should get us started.  I WILL NOT engineer the values, only provide
approximate values (standard values available from Mouser, etc) to get you
headed in the right direction.
Remember to reply through the whole TenTec net with your questions so all can
benefit from the answers (or pick my bones apart!!)
Bill K5BDZ