[TenTec] For Sale: OMNI VI (upgraded to plus) -- I've had it!!

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:27:03 -0500

After reading about someone's experiences with getting their radio back in
calibration, I decided to check mine.

My OMNI VI (upgraded to plus) is 18 Hz off frequency.

Now, I've only had this radio since 1996 and the darn thing is already that
far off.  This is just no good.  What's happened to ham radio?

I can't live with this 18 Hz off frequency business.

How am I ever going to make another QSO?

I'm tired of people telling me I'm 18 Hz off frequency.  Geez.

I can't work DX anymore because I can't find them from the packet spots
given on the local PacketCluster.

This 38 Hz off-frequency business is really a downer.

I don't wear watches anymore because they lose or gain time after a while.
The last one I had lost 3 seconds over about 9 months.  Geez.

I even got rid of an Athlon 900 MHz computer because the clock was off by
0.05 seconds over four months.  Intolerable.

I've finally put a piece of electrical tape over the lower right-hand corner
of the monitor screen just so I don't have to be reminded about how far off
the clock of my old 386 computer is (at last check, it was 0.0004 seconds
off and that was based on the average of 57 different time checks to account
for multi-path propagation delays).

What's happened to technology??????

Dale L. Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org