[TenTec] Omni VI Freq Drift

sierralyn snisky sahara@easy-pages.com
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:19:00 -0400

Hello all. I'm new here and look forward to reading all the posts.

About 5 months ago, my Omni VI (upgraded to a plus) began exhibiting a freq
drift about 100 hz up frequency then suddenly returns to the original freq.
The whole cycle takes about 4 seconds and repeats continuously. The drift
and return cycle reminds me of a sawtooth waveform since the drift is
gradual and the return is sharp.

This only occurs on the low end of 10 meters, all of 30 meters, and 160
meters.

The drift problem is on my xmit sig as well as affecting the rcvd sig. I
obviously cannot have a QSO on CW with this problem. Is there a fix that I
can do without sending the rig back to Ten Tec?

Mike Snisky
WB3BIZ