[TenTec] Questions on 1320 QRP Rig?

Steve Ellington N4LQ@iglou.com
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 20:10:18 -0400

> Just completed the 1320 QRP radio. Couple of questions:
> 1. Any suggestions to incorporate an inexpensive keyer inside rig?

Remove speaker. Install small keyer using spacers from keyer board to
speaker mount holes. Check out the Island Keyer products and others. Drill a
hole in back panel for the paddle jack.

> 2. Recall a "mod" regarding eliminating or reducing "pop" on transmit.
Remove C-1

> Anyone??
> 3. Anyone experience any images on 20 meters? Seem to hear broadcast
> stations at times, assume they're images. Repeaked slug coils. Strange a
> couple of the shielded coils  appear all the way up (screw up to top of
> can.)

Use a small T type tuner such as one of the cheap TenTecs, MFJ etc. These
will act as high pass filters and reduce BC interference.

> 4. Tuning is critical-normal?

Rather broad on my 1340. Haven't tried the 1320.