[TenTec] Heil HM-10 with OMNI-D

John - G3JAG patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk
Tue, 06 Jun 2000 01:18:24 +0100 (BST)

I am using a Heil HC-4 with my Omni-V.  I installed the HC-4 element as
a replacement for the original moving coil element in a junk box
desk mike I got at a hamfest. The moving coil element worked fine, but
needed the mike gain in the Omni setting near to max. The Heil
apparently has much more output. Actually I never intended to use the
HC-4 with the Omni because I also have a TT 705, but it suddenly
decided not to work anymore, so I just plugged in the HC-4 as a
temporary measure. Its been there ever since; I get good audio reports
and nobody who knows my voice has ever asked if I changed mikes .....

73 John G3JAG

E-Mail: John - G3JAG <patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 06-Jun-00
Time: 01:01:00