[TenTec] 1253 sw receiver

juan perez sb1963_bis@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to hear from people who have build and
used the 1253 9-band sw receiver.

1.- how easy is it to build it and align it?  Does it
require extensive adjustments and alignment after
construction, or does it work as intended immediately
after construction is done?

2.- how good is the quality of this kit (components,
documentation, etc.)?

3.- how good performer is it?  how does it compare (in
terms of performance) to commercial receivers in the
$100-150 price range?

4.- are the documentation and building instructions
complete and clear?

5.- how long does it take to fully assemble this kit?

6.- what kind of antenna are you using with this
radio?   is ground connection critical?

7.- any other contruction or improvement tips?

I ordered one of these kits few days ago and I am
still waiting for delivery.  I would like to know in
advance what should I expect.