[TenTec] Omni C AGC problem after mod.

K & H Darwin darwin@together.net
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:34:33 -0500

Hi Ed,

Well, the mod sure made those fluttery CW stations easier to copy.  I don't
loose dits or dahs during rapid QSB conditions.  So I think it was worth
it, but I'm having problems with the receiver being desensitized after
transmit when I'm set to Fast AGC mode.  I'll post about that next so keep
an eye on the reflector.

Also, since the AGC drops back down quickly, I get a lot more overloads of
the receiver on medium to strong signals.  During contest weekends, I've
become an RF gain cowboy, riding the control all the time.  Still, with the
mod, I can flip a switch and be back to normal if I want.

Another approach may be to do the same mods to the hang AGC cap.  I may try
that approach if my current one doesn't get straightened out.

- Keith -