[TenTec] Logging Programs Results

HAMKE4WY@aol.com HAMKE4WY@aol.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 18:37:34 EST

Thanks all who replied to my question concerning logging programs. I have
been using DXDesktop since it came out but about a year or so ago the vendor
quit selling
the program, supplying upgrades and support. I have looked at many programs
and have been unable to find a replacement windows program that I have liked
as much as DXDesktop. It was so simple, uncluttered and easy to use. Here is
a summary of suggestions or recommendations to my email.

DX4win                              7    (one very positive)

LogEqf                              3
Conversion Suggestions     3
DXBase                             2    (one very negative, one very positive)
Swisslog                           1
Easylog                            1
LogPlus                            1
Log Windows                    1
WJ2O                               1
Logic                                1
DXLog                               1

I have tried all of the Demo Programs pertaining to the above programs and
picked DXBase 2000 and so far I am quite satisfied even though their demo was
only of their help files. I really did not like the most recommended program
DX4WIN and discounted the DOS programs.

DXBase 2000 did not have a configuration for the Icom 756 Pro for rig control
but I was able to set it up in the Radio.txt file in a matter of minutes. So
far, very happy.

Again, thanks to all who replied.

73 de KE4WY Jim

Anyone know of any good logging programs that will import logs from
another