[TenTec] Re: Try "PB BLASTER" for dirty PS connectors

Sherrill WATKINS SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:27:33 -0500

Ten Tec Fan's:   DeoxIT is an excellent product.  Unfortunately,  is expensive and can be difficult to locate.   I have had good results cleaning electrical controls, contacts and switches using a new special penetrating catalytic lubricant sold nationwide at automobile parts stores such as NAPA.  The name of the product is PB BLASTER.    It is intended for professional use and an approximate 15 ounce spray can is only a few dollars.  I have tried it on several volume controls and switches on both hollow  and solid state equipment and it worked great!  However, don't breath the vapor and be careful applying it as it can squirt with a strong force and can flood your work if one is careless.  It will really penetrate rusty bolts and nuts like nothing I have ever used!   It works well on frozen set screws on knobs.   Apparently, this same chemical action works great for removing oxidation on electrical contacts.  -  Sherrill  Watkins  K4OWN.