[TenTec] Pegasus - horizontal operation?

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:29:25 -0500

In just a few hours of contesting the heat sink fins on the Omni VI+ and
its matching power supply become too hot to touch.  Positioned side by
side... counteraction?
>From the 12vdc Aux out of the Omni VI+ I run a small muffin fan directed
so the breeze flows over both heat sinks.  No more heat build-up.
73, Joe aa4nn

Larry Gibbs <gridbias@isp800.com> writes:

> I have an Omni VI+ which has horizontal fins. However, the power supply
has
> vertical fins. My ham son is an electrical engineer, and he assures me
that
> there will be no problem as the two will counteract each other. In the
past,
> when using a non-Ten-Tec supply, I would stand the Omni on end for
about two
> hours per week. This would be during periods of non-operation. This
appears
> to have worked, as I have never noticed a problem.
> Larry W3UIO
>
> Joe L Blackwell wrote:
>
> > Pegasus lying on its side, if you're worried about the heat sink fins
> > being horizontal, just take a look at the back side of an Omni VI+.
What