[TenTec] Pegasus - horizontal operation?

John/K4WJ k4wj@att.net
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:03:37 -0500

At 04:30 PM 3/14/00 -0500, Larry Gibbs wrote:

>I have an Omni VI+ which has horizontal fins. However, the power supply has
>vertical fins. My ham son is an electrical engineer, and he assures me that
>there will be no problem as the two will counteract each other. In the past,
>when using a non-Ten-Tec supply, I would stand the Omni on end for about two
>hours per week. This would be during periods of non-operation. This appears
>to have worked, as I have never noticed a problem.
>Larry W3UIO

Everytime I clean the horizontal fins on my Omn C I wonder why TenTec chose
to use them instead of vertical fins. Anyone out there have an idea why?

73..de John/K4WJ
John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL
    QTH  26 00 51 N
         80 16 16 W