[TenTec] Pegasus-operating horizontal

Carl Hyde cshyde@yahoo.com
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:43:23 -0800 (PST)

If you are in the habit of lying down horizontally to
operate your pegasus or any other ten tec rig you
might consider a trick I learned from die hard NFL
fans.  One thing the modern personal care industry has
give us is the adult pamper better known as Depends.
This product has revolutionized the watching of Sunday
football games and can do the same for Ham operators
whether contesting or just intense ragchewing. With a
box of Depends, a few snacks and a can or two of beer
I can operate lying down or sitting up for 12 to 18
hours at a stretch pausing only for occasional naps. I
don't have to take those annoying bathroom breaks
right in the middle of working a rare DX or logging my
thousandth contest entry. My radio club, armed with 10
cases of Depends, operated for 24 hours straight last
field day finally winning the coveted Charles R.
Armady  Prize (C.R.A.P) in our district. So Depends
aren't just for the incontinent anymore!!

=====
Carl HYDE
W2CSH