[TenTec] Accuracy (long)

Jim FitzSimons cherry@neta.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:47:49 -0700

George, the Pegasus and most other tranceivers do not have a high
stability option, so they will change frequency when they change
temperature. The Pegasus has a software frequency offset that can
be set. After the Pegasus is at opreating temperature I check the
frequency and set the offset. For digital modes or weak signals
it is usefull to have the correct frequency.
This is the frequency accuracy for the Pegasus without the offset
adjustment:
FREQUENCY ACCURACY: +/-90 Hz at 25 degrees C at 30 MHz for 1 yr
That is +/-3ppm.
Regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF