[TenTec] Pegasus - external speaker?

Dr. Peter G. Drexel peter.drexel@oz.plymouth.edu
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:58:39 -0500 (EST)

I want to share an existing external speaker between my Pegasus and a
TS930. It is relatively easy to install a phono jack parallel to the
bottom of the Pegasus chassis. The 930 speaker allows its user to select
between two inputs. Great!

However, it seems that the TS930 grounds one of its speaker leads. I
checked the Pegasus PC board pins (speaker disconnected).  Neither of them
seems grounded - I get the same resistance from each of them to ground. I
am reluctant to float the 550's speaker leads and then attach them to the
930 speaker. Has anyone had experience with this? Am I "out of luck" here?

73...
Peter, AE1T
peter.drexel@plymouth.edu