[TenTec] FS: Complete Argosy Station

Mark Adams k2qo@hotmail.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:53:48 EST

[[Local WNY QRP'ers: If no shipping is involved (i.e. I can drop this off at
your QTH, then the price will be $440, NOT $475.]]

The XYL will not allow another rig in the house unless one leaves. That
means that my nearly complete Argosy station has to go. It includes:

Argosy model 525 (analog) serial number 04xx with:
226 calibrator 218 1.8 khz SSB filter
224 CW audio filter
225 matching power supply
234 matching RF speech processor
645 dual paddle keyer unused mounting bracket
extra DC cable with 1125 circuit breaker for battery operation
copies of all manuals (including internal options) except for the 645
original sales brochures

The units are all at least a 9 out of 10, and you will have a hard time
finding a cleaner Argosy station anywhere. It is definitely in collectable
condition.

The rig itself: There is a small mark above the main VFO dial, and a small
scratch on top on the plastic frame, plus a few small pits on the frame, but
the covers are really, really clean. There is the slightest bit of backlash
on the VFO right near the top of the band only, but not enough to interfere
with your ability to get on frequency and operate at all.

The power supply: some marking and a minor scratch or two at the right rear
corner, and some extremely slight discoloration in one area on top if you
look *very* closely, otherwise it is pretty well perfect.

The 234: I think this one is mint.

I'll only sell this as a complete station. The price for all of these
goodies is $475 including insured shipping and tracking #, etc.

Mark S. Adams, K2QO  (ex-N2VPK)
The Buffalo QRP Connection