[TenTec] RE: 238 Tuner

nw4p@martha.xtn.net nw4p@martha.xtn.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:43:27 -0500

Hello to Everyone,
    I have had a 238 tuner for a number of years and have
had only a cold solder joint as far as any problems. I use
it to tune a 520' loop that is fed with 450 ohm ladder line
into the tuner. On a previous post, I said was able to tune
it flat on everything but 160, but now I can do that because
I had another problem, that was causing the the elevated
SWR. I run 1500 watts on the loop and I haven't noticed any
heat and only very limited RF.(ssb) I certainly would buy
another one for a number of reasons of which have already
been mentioned by other posts.  As to improvements, that's
the name of the game! the question is, will Ten-Tec and other
companys incooperate the suggestions in the  future to make a better
product??  My money says they will.

Have fun  and   73
Richard       NW4P