[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners

Jim FitzSimons cherry@neta.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:57:08 -0700

Sherrill, I use a high impedance balun made with low loss
teflon insulated wire on a T-200-2 toroid. It is broad band
and it is outside. It is also a impedance transformer from
600 Ohm for a ladder line to 50 Ohm coax. I use the same
type of transformer for my end feed long wire. This is much
better than any narrow band T network or very narrow band link.
There are ferrite toroid designs of that kind of balun in
the W2FMI book from ARRL. I think the ladder line should stay
outside since it radiates.
Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF