[TenTec] Electric Radio magazine

Sherrill WATKINS SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:55:45 -0500

Ha Alex:  What ever happened to that motor mouth clown that used to broadcast  his whiney propaganda about how great he is, all the
time from your state, using tape recorders and nonattended radio station?  I sure hope the FCC shut him down?  -   Sherrill  W.
k4own

>>> "AI2Q Alex" <ai2q@ispchannel.com> 03/31/00 12:44PM >>>
Yuk! It always amazes me when freebander/CB mentality types hitch linear
amplifiers to AM exciters. If they knew what they were doing, they'd
high-level modulate a Class C amplifier, preferable with a hefty plate
modulator. Even if they used screen, grid, or cathode modulation, they'd
still see much higher efficiency and not waste all that driving power as
heat. IMHO, this type of operation is pathetic.

Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex in Kennebunk, Maine    .-.-.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tentec@contesting.com [mailto:owner-tentec@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Sherrill WATKINS
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 9:54 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Electric Radio magazine

Ten Tec Fans:  The latest issue of ELECTRIC RADIO MAGAZINE has a very
interesting article where a Ten Tec Titan amplifier is being
driven by an E. F. Johnson Ranger II transmitter to obtain high power,
broadcast quality AM !  The operator is using a Ten Tec Omni 6
as a receiver.  Quite an article and fun to read; takes me back to my novice
day's of 1957.  - 73's-  Sherrill W.  k4own