[TenTec] Power reed relay at output of OMNI/CORSAIR rigs

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:36:45 -0400

Hi Terry,
If I understand what  you are after, consider an antenna coax
switch box, like the old Heathkit 6-position switch, or similar.
Here I connect a Triton IV, Corsair II and Omni VI+ to the coax
switch and the common-out of the switch goes to the Titan amp.
When I select a rig using the coax switch, the other two positions
are gounded.  Simple, with no fear of relay failure.  Any one of
the three rigs can listen or send on the same antenna, but not
at the same time, of course.

I mounted a wafer switch on the shaft of the coax switch, so when
I select a rig, the keying line and speaker feed are switched to a
common output, so the key line and speaker feed are always
associated with the selected rig.  My setup here is for CW only.