[TenTec] Number of motions for CW

John, ke5c ke5c@vvm.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 18:28:38 -0500

> > I believe you may be miscounting.
>   single paddle vs double paddle
>        a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
> single 3 3 5 3 2 4 3 2 2 3 4 3 2 3 2 4 4 4 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 3
> double 3 3 4 3 2 4 3 2 2 3 4 3 2 3 2 4 4 4 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 3
    keyboard 1 1 1 1 1 1 etc.

As I've tried very hard to push my conversational cw to the 25 wpm level,
I've found myself sending more and more with my laptop running TR Log as a
keyboard and less and less with my two paddle g4zpy absolutely wonderful
squeeze key.  If I am rested and concentrating, I don't make very many
mistakes, but if I am tired, around 25 wpm I can't understand half of what I
am sending myself.  Of course, I have worked 80 something year old ops (K6DC
comes to mind) who send impeccably with a keyer, but they've been doing that
since their teens, and this is hard stuff to improve in the sixth decade of
life.

73, de ke5c, op john