[TenTec] Corsair QSK Fixed!

Avila, Edward EAvila@caiso.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 08:23:20 -0700

Thanks to all the sent me responses to the QSK problem with the Corsair II.
Having never owned a Ten Tec before, I was kinda flying blind with this
problem!! The problem was I bought new 500hz filter from Tec Ten and when in
the QSK mode I was continuously hearing a guttural-like, squelching sound
every time the receiver would recover!!! If this was World-Class QSK, you
can have it!!! Well, a couple of guys from the Ten Tec reflector suggested
it could be the new 500hz filter I just bought, but they both didn't think
this was it. If all else fails, they suggested I contact Ten Tec for
help.....

I emailed Ten Tec a month ago, then last week a Ten Tec service technician
called. We discussed the problem and he didn't really think it could be the
new filter board and was really convinced the problem was on the controller
board. But, to be safe, he would send out a new 500hz board for a
test.....well, that was it!!! Slapped the new filter board in the rig and
now I hear what World-Class QSK is supposed to sound like!!

Again, many thanks to all those that offered suggestions and I stand here
very impressed with Ten Tec's commitment to customer service...../k6sdw