[TenTec] Hercules II

K2ZF@aol.com K2ZF@aol.com
Sat, 6 May 2000 21:09:25 EDT

Hello,
I am on my second Hercules II amplifier, the first one was a used amp from
the Tec Tec used department. It had a problem with the receive relay, it
transmitted ok though. I sent it back within the 30 day warrenty program and
bought a new Hercules II. It has only a few hours of operation and would you
believe I am having problems with the receive relay with this "new" amplifer,
I can't believe it!
This amp design has been around for many years, could it be possible that Ten
Tec has had a flaw in the design and never corrected it over all these years ?
I have to recycle the amp on and off to get the receive relay to click in and
then even there are times that that does not work. It eventually comes back
but it is very nerve racking.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
73's from a nerve racked ham   Jim  K2ZF