[TenTec] Re: Hercules

K2ZF@aol.com K2ZF@aol.com
Sun, 7 May 2000 20:57:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/7/00 4:48:46 PM !!!First Boot!!!, w8hvx@mich.com writes:

<<
 Hello Jim,

 I am having the same receive intermittent problem.

 Do you remember the serial number of the unit you sent back?

 I bought a used unit three weeks ago S/N 04C 10036.

 It was intermittent on receive, so I sent it back and it was "repaired"
 and then returned.  After a few minutes of operation it is intermittent
again.
 I talked to Gary Green at TenTec and after some diagnostics, he is sending
 me a new vacuum relay.  Is this the same unit you originally had?
 Did you buy it as a new or used unit?

 Lets stay in touch on this one.

 Many thanks,

 Bill   W8NN

Hey Bill, I found the serial number of the used Herc that I purchased from
Ten Tec on Feb 25, 2000. The serial number is    04C 10036.
So, you got the used Hercules II that I returned ! I talked to Paul about the
amp and the problem with the intermittent relay. He said to return it and
they would do an express repair on it, I said no, I don't want some other
guys problem, send me a new Hercules II. I returned the amp and wrote up a
letter stating the problem.
What is going on here, you got the amp that I returned because of the
intermittent problem, you purchased the same amp, got the same problem that I
experienced. You sent it back for repair and have the problem after a few
minutes of operating the amp. I purchase a "new" Hercules II and after a few
hours of operating I have the problem that the "used" Hercules had.
If I were not a Ten Tec fan for years I would say, if this is a Ten Tec
product, you can have it. Many people say, Ten Tec service is great, but your
going to need it when you purchase something from them, maybe they have a
point.
I will keep in touch and let you know the outcome.
73 de Jim   K2ZF