[TenTec] dead out of the box

dslosty dslosty@pipeline.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 04:05:00 -0700

>Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:23:21 -0400
>From: Bill_Ames@hyperion.com
>Subject: [TenTec] dead out of the box

>I would think one would use a credit card for such a purchase and if it were a
>real " dead out of the box" then the credit card company would be told that the
>sellers commitment to "deliver working goods" was in default and the credit card
>company could refuse to pay the seller. The seller would be responsible for
>arranging pick up at the buyers place of delivery by the carrier that delivered
>it (that is possible.) and the buyer would suffer no expense.

>Bill Ames
>KB1LG

Bill,
I did what you suggest above and disputed a purchase I made
of an Atlas Radio. I didn't get what I paid for and meantime Atlas Radio
had gone out of business.

I ended up having a dispute with Citicorp Visa that lasted over one
year.
It isn't as easy as you might think. Citicorp denied my dispute and
denied that I responded (despite loads of certified mailings to them).
I finally said that I'd be happy to meet them in court and they then
finally settled.

Be thankful that there are companies such as Ten-Tec.

73,
Doug/WA1TUT