[TenTec] Least $$ TT for Contesting?

Mark Adams k2qo@hotmail.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 13:43:46 EDT

Hi All,

I use a TT Argosy with 1.9 kHz SSB filter and the audio filters for most of
my contesting (other rig is a Wilderness Sierra). The software is TR-Log in
an old 486/25 laptop. I am only semi-serious with big contests, i.e. I will
only put in a ~12 hour effort for Sweepstakes. But for shorter QRP contests
and spirnts I sometimes do the whole thing.

My question is, what is the least expensive TT used rig that will allow
connection to my old laptop computer. I would really like to have band
changes logged automatically for instance. If I read the TT archive site at
QSL.NET right, it appears to be the Corsair II. Is this the one?

TNX,
Mark S. Adams, K2QO
The Buffalo QRP Connection