[TenTec] Omni VI Sound Board interfacing

Henry Mauro hmauro@pacbell.net
Thu, 25 May 2000 07:37:46 -0700

I recently interfaced my Omni VI to the sound board on my computer
(Aureal Vortex)without the help of Rig-Blaster and it went very
smoothly.  I simply connected the audio out from the omni to the line-in
on the sound board (mike-in also works) and connected the audio out from
the sound board to the audio-in jack on the back of the Omni. I used
Radio Shack audio cables substituting phono plugs on the Omni end.

There was no hum so no isolation transformers were necessary.  I was
able to adjust audio volume so that the vox worked fine with PSK31 and
no keying line interface was necessary. (audio set so alc light comes on
at mic gain set at about 8 o'clock position and vox gain set at
maximum).

All you have to remember is to turn off the computer sounds when using
PSK31.

I originally did this to use with Writelog ( works great - also no t/r
interface necessary) and then discovered PSK31. By the way, the Digipan
waterfall display is fb for visually adjusting and aligning first and
second if filters on the Omni VI in all modes including CW and RTTY.

73, Henry, W6GZ