[TenTec] Scout Freq stability problems!

Avila, Edward EAvila@caiso.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 10:05:55 -0700

Well, I'm now batting zero for two purchases of used Ten Tec
gear.....promised by the seller to be working FB, but both purchases were
broken when received in the mail (last one was obvious someone had tried to
fix the problem described below, but failed, so just sell it to me)!!! Too
bad, really like Ten Tec radios, but getting tired of buying someone else's
broken stuff!!!

Anyway, so I now own 5-year-old Scout with very serious mechanical
frequency-stability problem!!!! Just bumping the rig and it changes
frequency and it's really bad when twisting the radio frame!

My Ten Tec ham friend sez this was a known problem with these units. Can
anyone tell me where the problem is in rig and if there's a fix for it? I
suspect it involved the varactor tuning assembly?

Thanks again for all your help out there!!

73.....k6sdw