[TenTec] Not good!

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:29:04 -0600

SS CW is four days away and my Omni VI has developed a couple of quirks:

1.  When using TRLog contest software, the software will periodically lose
frequency/band control of the radio.  I can do a front panel power reset and
that seems to work.  Once, I had to turn off the power supply to get it to
reset the radio back to normal operation.  My other Omni VI works just fine,
so I know it's not a software problem.

2.  The PBT has developed a strange, eery-sounding, hollow-sounding 'roar.'
Signals are still coming through, but the sound through the filter section
is really bizarre.  My other Omni VI sounds just fine with no 'roar' like
this.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?  I've gone through the radio making sure
all plugs were well seated.  I thought about swapping boards in the radios,
but it's just too danged close to SS to risk adversely affecting the other
radio.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.  I will be on the phone
to T-T Service tomorrow.

73,
Dale L. Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org