[TenTec] Re: Fence Charger Pulses

Dan tacquire@earthlink.net
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:28:58 -0800

Things to note:  I have inserted an isolation transformer between the
charger and the house mains.  Unfortunately this has no effect.  So I am
still at the point where if I unplug the hot fence I can then connect as
usual to the net and I have no random disconnects or interrupted
connections.  So  I assume it's all still pure "through the air"
interference.  What's odd is I don't know why since the weather started
getting cold that the clicking is coming across worse than normal.  If I
disconnect the wire from the charger I can only pick up the interference
within about 6 to 8 feet of the device.  Once I put that "antenna" on it's
whole hog.  I don't think theres anything mysterious here,, I've just got a
spark transmitter with a big antenna and no way to contain the generated RF
:(

Sigh
Dan