[TenTec] N4PY Version 1.40

Ron McKean mckean@icx.net
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:49:30 -0500

I installed the new version of Carl's software the other day and once again
I am greatly impressed.  He has installed two of the features that were
requested while we all were having lunch in Sevierville, a 10 minute timer
and a greatly improved spectrum sweep.  In addition to that he has made an
interface for the 2 meter transverter, just like the one for 6 meters.  But
the real zinger is that he has activated general coverage transmit, so that
you can use the full spectrum of both bands with the transverters.

If you are not using the N4PY software for the Pegasus, then you really
don't know how good the radio really is.  All of us who own a Pegasus should
be very grateful to Carl for the super software he has designed.  And by the
way, if you are not a registered user of his software, send him 25 bucks,
its the best deal you will ever get.

I hope that someday soon Ten Tec will provide the source code for the
firmware as public domain so that talented people like Carl can fix some of
the things that keep the Pegasus from being the  best HF rig available at
any price (like variable noise reduction).  They should also consider
cutting a deal with him to ship his software with the rig.

If you haven't tried the new version, do so.  If you haven't thanked Carl
for his great software, do that to.

73

Ron McKean
WD5FUN