[TenTec] Pegasus or the Corsair II which is best for CW?

Avila, Edward EAvila@caiso.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:31:43 -0800

Ronnie, picked up a Corsair II (that was suppose to be working, but
wasn't...that's another story!) off eBay....anyway, with a lot of free
advice from Ten Tec service personnel it was straight forward to fix and I
haven't found a better CW rig out there!! Of course, I've owned only a
handful of ham rigs over 35 years. I bought the Corsair II based on the
opinion of a lot of other, much better CW ops than me and I haven't been
disappointed!

Lately, also been curious about the new Ten Tec Juniper!! I don't think you
can go wrong with a Ten Tec rig of any vintage.	73......k6sdw

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronnie Davis [mailto:ke4vpn@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 4:17 PM
To: Ten Tec Reflector
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus or the Corsair II which is best for CW?

Hello
Im having trouble making my mind up? I need a good cw
rig and I prefer Ten Tec. I like the new Pegasus but
still think the Corsair II is a better cw rig. I
operate QRP all the time and want the best rig for the
money. Im very interested in seeing what some of you
have got to say about them both. I had a Triton 544
but sold it so I want another Ten Tec now Hi. Im new
to cw and I cannot afford an Omni VI+, but an Omni V
may not be out of the question. Sure would like to see
a 515 for sale at a reasonable price. Thanks for the
help. Feel free to email direct. 73 & 72 de ke4vpn